- Akosua Adomako Ampofo delivers the African Studies Review Distinguished Lecture.
- Abena Osseo-Asare wins the 2015 Herskovitz prize for Bitter Roots: The Search for Healing Plants in Africa!
- Jean Allman wins GSA’s own 2015 Boahen-Wilks Scholarly Article Prize.
- Carola Lentz has a panel to celebrate her 2014 Herskovitz-winning book, Land, Mobility and Belonging in West Africa.
- There are two formally-sponsored and at least 6 ‘unofficial’ GSA panels.
- And we have a well-attended and productive GSA Business Meeting.